St. George Cathedral.
19th c Ethiopian Beaux-Arts Architecture
Addis Ababa. Ethiopia.
The church was built by Emperor Menelik II in 1896 to celebrate his coronation and the defeat of the Italians at the Battle of Adwa. The building was restored in the 1950s after being bombed by the Italians in the 1930s.
ETHIOPIAN | St. George Cathedral. | 1896 | Ethiopian | Beaux-Arts
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: